As a unit of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State University is required to follow the Board of Regents Guidelines for immunizations for school entrance.
Acceptable forms to submit include the Immunization Form signed by a doctor or nurse practitioner or an official document from a clinic, county health department, or other source. This document must be submitted in person, mailed, or faxed to the Kennesaw State University Immunization Department located in the Registrar's Office in Kennesaw Hall.
If your immunization records are not received by the end of your first semester, a hold will be placed on your registration.
- 2 MMR's (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- 1 TDAP (Tetanus, Pertussis and Diphtheria) shot within the past 10 years
- 2 doses of the chicken pox (Varicella) vaccine or history of the disease
- 3 doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine for persons aged 18 or under when entering Kennesaw State
Tips for submitting immunization records:
- Immunization information can best be obtained by contacting your county health department, doctor's office or clinic, or previous schools you may have attended. If you are unable to find your records, all vaccines and blood tests to prove immunity are available at the Appointment Clinic
- Please make sure your name and birthdate are correct on all forms that you submit
- Check your records for the required number of doses for each vaccine
- If your records are more than 10 years old, there is a chance they will not meet all Kennesaw State University immunization requirements
Immunizations available:Vaccinations against the following conditions and ailments are available through Kennesaw State University Student Health Services:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Measles/ Mumps/ Rubella
- Tetanus/ Diphtheria/ Pertussis
Please contact the Appointment Clinic at House 52 at 770.423.6531 to schedule an appointment for any vaccinations.
Kennesaw State Univeristy Immunization Department
Mailing Address: Office of the Registrar, Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, MD 0116, Kennesaw, GA 30144