Freshman -You are a freshman if you have never attended another college and have graduated from high school within the last five years.
Steps to Apply:
- Submit an application to KSU online at GACollege411.org. This requires completing the application and submitting with a $40 application fee.
- Have official SAT or ACT scores sent from the sending agency, either Collegeboard or ACT.
- Submit official high school transcript. If your school allows you to send them electronically through GACOLLEGE411.ORG, please use that process. Otherwise, a transcript can be sent from your high school. Send a transcript at the time you apply, and be sure to request to have another transcript sent once you have graduated.
- Follow the status of your application on the application status check. If you see that the admission decision states you must take the COMPASS Exam, sign up through Owl Express, and an admission decision will be made based on the results on the exam.
- Graduate from regionally accredited high school recognized by KSU
- Complete CPC classes: 4 English, 4 Mathematics, 4 Natural Sciences, 2 Foreign Languages in the same language, 3 Social Sciences. For information about what courses fulfill these requirements, check here.
- Satisfactory scores on SAT or ACT. Full standing admission requires a 950 combined Critical Reading and Math minimum on the SAT (minimums of 490 Critical Reading and 460 Mathematics). As an alternative KSU will honor a minimum ACT score in English of 20 and Mathematics of 19 with a composite of 20.
- Academic grade point average minimum of 2.5 as calculated by KSU, using only the Required High School Curriculum Courses. This GPA is calculated using a 4 point scale. AP and IB classes are not weighted differently.
Admission is a selective process. Meeting the application deadline or minimum standards does not guarantee acceptance. It is the responsibility of the applicant to review the admission standards in advance to understand the likelihood of eligibility. Use the Freshman Admission Predictor to determine the likelihood of your admission to KSU.
KSU will not honor the GED from traditional age students who have been out of high school for less than five years from the date of scheduled graduation. Students who are less than 23 years of age should attend a two year or private college and qualify as a transfer. However, adult learners may be considered with the GED if they have been out of high school for more than five years and attempt to qualify as a non-traditional, adult applicant.
OFFICIAL transcripts from high school or college must be sent directly from that institution to:
Kennesaw State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1000 Chastain Rd. #9111
Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591
OFFICIAL test scores must be sent to KSU directly from the sending agency. Contact information for tests:
SAT I or II Tests:
College Entrance Examination Board
Princeton , NJ 08541
KSU's Institutional Code for the
College Board is 5359.
American College Testing Program
3355 Lenox Road NE #320
Atlanta , GA 33026-1332
KSU's Institutional Code for the
ACT is 0833.
NOTE: All enrolling students must provide the University System of Georgia proof of immunization to the Kennesaw State University Immunization Department. For more information please visit the immunizations page. Also, all applicants who apply for in-state tuition must provide lawful presence verification.