About International KSU
Welcome to a World-Class Education Undergraduate and Graduate Courses
Life at Kennesaw State University is extraordinary. Rigorous academics, a great location, robust support services, fantastic value – Kennesaw State University has it all. KSU is truly a global community, with students from more than 120 countries in our undergraduate and graduate programs. You will excel in the classroom under the leadership of passionate professors. You will make lasting friendships and share many unforgettable experience. You will grow into the world-class individual you are destined to become.
Discover why Kennesaw State is the right choice to prepare you for your future.
Why Kennesaw State University? It’s all right here.
Multiple locations. New opportunities. Kennesaw State University has expanded to include the Marietta Campus just 15 minutes south. Our engineering, architecture, game design, and computer science are just a few of the popular degree programs housed there with state-of-the-art facilities. Our world-class research extends to the Marietta Campus, where you can build your own steel bridge, racecar, and concrete canoe!
The Kennesaw Campus houses numerous programs including nursing, business, education, art, and applied computer science.
Luxurious, On-Campus Housing – Modern housing including apartment and suite-style floor plans in communities on both campuses. University Housing is convenient, stylish and a great way to meet new people.
Tasty Culinary Services – Fresh. Local. Sustainable. Nutritious. Farm-to-Campus. Award-winning. The Commons, ranked by The Daily Meal as the #4 student dining facility across the country for delicious food, is not simply a dining hall: It is the nation’s largest LEED-Gold certified collegiate provider of global cuisine across nine unique platforms; a meeting and event space utilized by the entire community; and an inviting place for students to gather, socialize, and even work part-time.
Campus eateries are available on each campus.
- Burrito Bowl
- Hissho Sushi
- Mondo Subs
- Hornet’s Nest
- And of course … Starbucks
High-Quality Health Services – Heath care facilities provide KSU students with cost-effective and accessible health care to encourage health promotion, disease prevention, the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, mental health, and social services.
What KSU Offers You!
National and State Recognition:
- Top producer of teachers for the state of Georgia
- “Up-and-Coming” Regional Universities in the South (fourth) – U.S. News and World
- One of the nation’s best first-year programs for 11 consecutive years – U.S. News
and World Report 2014
- Top 25 part-time MBA program – Michael J. Coles College of Business – Bloomberg Businessweek
- One of the most environmentally responsible colleges in the U.S. and Canada – The
Princeton Review 2013
- Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization – NAFSA: Association of International
- Andrew Heiskell Award for Innovation in Internationalization Education – Institute
of International Education 2011
- Innovator of the Year – National Restaurant Association 2013
- #4 best college food in America – The Daily Meal 2014
- National Restaurant Association Innovator of the Year award in 2013
- More than 26 national and conference athletic championships
- Largest Dance program in Georgia
- Largest Nursing program in Georgia
Vibrant Student Life:
Get involved! There are options for students with varied interests, from skydiving to student government.
- More than 300 registered student organizations, including the International Students
- Many intramural and club sport teams
- 16 Division 1 varsity sports to cheer on
- Big events including KSU Day and Homecoming
- Science Lab Building – six teaching labs and 17 classrooms
- Prillaman Hall Health Sciences Building – 15 labs, including nursing and pediatric
- State-of-the-art LEED-certified Engineering Technology Center with fluid mechanics,
metrology, electromagnetic, automotive, biomedical and computer-integrated manufacturing
- KSU Sport and Recreation Park – 88-acre sports and recreation park, including 8,300-seat
- The Commons Student Culinary Center – LEED-Gold certified student culinary center
with nine unique dining venues
- Dr. Betty L. Siegel Student Recreation and Activity Center – indoor/outdoor pools, basketball courts, tennis courts, weight and fitness area, rock climbing wall, indoor track, sand volleyball and racquetball courts
- Top producer of teachers for the state of Georgia
International Support Services
International Student and Scholar Services offers incoming and current students on F-1 and J-1 visas assistance with the application and visa processes, arranging for on- or near-campus housing, and providing access to academic resources and student life activities.
Kennesaw State recognizes international students have specialized needs that demand tailored support. International Student Retention Services helps with orientation, acclimation and ongoing support for international students through:
- Academic Support Services
- International Students Association
- Global Village
- International Student Orientation
- Peer Leader Program
University College pairs international students with native speakers to improve their English language skills through the Conversation Partners Program and the ESL Student and Tutorial Center.
The Intensive English Program offers beginning through advanced classes in English to prepare ESL students for university study at KSU and other institutions in the U.S.
The Career Services Center works with students to edit their resumes, find internships and prepare for their career searches.
- Academic Support Services
Intensive English Program
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an official transcript?
Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous institutions or brought to the office of admissions in a sealed school envelope.
What are the SAT requirements?
As specified in the catalog, SAT scores must be a minimum of 950 points critical reading and math (1000 for the Architecure program beginning Fall 2015). A minimum score of 450 in the critical reading section and 450 in the math section are required.
What is a transfer student?
To be considered a transfer student, an applicant must have 30 semester hours or more that are transferable to KSU from an accredited institution.
Is the SAT always required?
The SAT is waived for transfer students and non-traditional students.
What are the requirements for the other non-immigrant visa?
If you have a nonimmigrant visa other than F-1 student visa (such as H, L, E, A, K, B, etc.), click here.
What are the requirements for Lawful Permanent Residents?
If you are a permanent resident whose official language is not English, you must satisfy an English proficiency requirement. Be sure to present your Alien Registration Card to the Global Admissions office for verification. Then you must follow the regular requirements for admission to Kennesaw State University.
How can I satisfy the English proficiency requirement?
You can satisfy the English proficiency requirement by one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) of 79 or higher on the iBT.
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.
- Successful completion of the KSU Intensive English Program (IEP) Level Six.
- Transfer English Composition level 1 & 2 from an accredited U.S. college or university.
Apply on line at least one term in advance.
For more information on international (F1 Visa) students, please send an email to: Global Admissions.
For applicants with F-1 or J-1 visas:
Take a Virtual Tour of KSU at http://virtualtour.kennesaw.edu!
For questions regarding F-1 Visa admission contact F1visaadmissions@kennesaw.edu.
For questions regarding all other international admission contact the office of Global Admissions at KSUAdmit@kennesaw.edu or 470-578-3002.
Send your application, test results, transcripts and other documents to:
Kennesaw State University
International Admissions Office
3391 Town Point Drive, MD 9112, Suite 1300
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.