Seize The Opportunity
Announcing Kennesaw State’s Competitive Admissions Model
Kennesaw State University is on the move with a compelling story of growth and momentum. As an academic institution of choice offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs, we are excelling at scholarship and research worldwide.
In that spirit, we are implementing a competitive admissions model for freshmen and transfer freshmen, beginning with applications for Fall 2018. Our new approach enables the University to manage enrollment growth and facilitate timely degree progression for all students by:
- Giving applicants the choice of submitting their applications for Early Action or Regular Decision.
- Utilizing a combination of the total SAT score or ACT composite score and the high school GPA to determine admission. Meeting the minimum requirements may not guarantee admission to Kennesaw State.
- Providing an opportunity for students to secure their place in the freshman class by collecting an enrollment deposit at time of acceptance.
What is the Enrollment Deposit?
Effective Fall 2018, all incoming freshmen and transfer freshmen will be required to pay a $200 nonrefundable enrollment deposit by May 1. The enrollment deposit will include the cost of orientation (Ignition) with the remainder applied towards tuition. Once an acceptance decision is received, we encourage you to pay your enrollment deposit in Owl Express to allow the earliest possible access to housing, orientation sign-up (orientation includes course registration), and scholarship opportunities.
Freshman and Transfer Freshman Admission
Life is filled with opportunities. Kennesaw State is the wise choice for finding the right ones – and seizing them.
If you have never attended another college and graduated from high school within the last five years, you are a freshman.
If you graduated from high school within the last five years and attended another college, but earned less than 30 semester hours or 50 quarter hours of college credit transferable to KSU, you are a transfer freshman. You must meet KSU’s freshman admission requirements.
Freshman Admission Requirements
- 2.5 GPA in the 17 units of required high school coursework as recalculated by Kennesaw State AND
- Old SAT (taken prior to March 2016)
950 SAT (Critical Reading and Math scores combined) * AND
SAT Critical Reading score of 450 AND
SAT Math score of 450
- New SAT (taken March 2016 or after)
SAT Total Score on 1600 Scale: 1030 AND
SAT Reading Test Score: 25 AND
SAT Math Section Score: 490
- ACT Composite score of 20 AND
ACT English subscore of 18 AND
ACT Math subscore of 18
Admissions is a competitive process determined by a combination of your total SAT score or ACT composite score and high school GPA. Meeting the minimum requirements may not guarantee admission to Kennesaw State.
When to Apply
The Application for Admission will open on August 1.
Early Action Deadline: November 1
Prospective students are encouraged to apply during the Early Action Admission Period (Aug.1 – Nov. 1) to allow the earliest possible access to housing, orientation sign-up (orientation includes course registration), and KSU scholarship opportunities. To receive your admission decision in December, all documents must be received no later than November 1. Students admitted under Early Action are not obligated to accept KSU’s offer of admission.
Regular Decision Deadline: March 1
To receive your admission decision in April, your documents must be received no later than March 1.
Recommendations for effective preparation and demonstration of your potential for success in college coursework:
- Meet regularly with your guidance counselor to ensure you are on track with high school curriculum requirements.
- Maintain a competitive GPA in a rigorous high school curriculum.
- Take the SAT and/or ACT no later than during your junior year of high school.
- Apply during the Early Action period to receive your admission decision in December.
- Ask your KSU Admissions Counselor if you have any questions.