Dual Enrollment for High School Students
The Dual Enrollment Program (DEP) provides high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start on college. Students take college classes in lieu of high school classes and earn both high school and college credit simultaneously.
Kennesaw State accepts either the SAT or the ACT for dual enrollment applicants. Scores from the ACT and the SAT will not be mixed together. Applicants must meet minimum* English/Critical Reading and Math section requirements.
The KSU Application Process
You will need to submit your dual enrollment participation and funding form through GAFutures.
If you are under the age of 16 by the first day of class must submit the Dual Enrollment Program Acknowledgment Form for Minors.
If you have questions during the admissions process, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636).
Contact the dual enrollment advisers if you are an admitted student with questions about Dual Enrollment Advising, course selection, and registration. Email: email@example.com.
Home Educated Students
Applicants applying to Kennesaw State who attend a homeschool or high school not accredited by one of the accrediting associations below must document their RHSC units through the submission of a curriculum packet.
The USG recognizes accreditation from the following accrediting bodies:
- A regional accrediting association, such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACSCASI). Accredited schools can be found on the Cognia (formerly AdvancedED) website.
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- Georgia Independent School Association
- Georgia Private School Accrediting Council
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
Applicants attending a non-accredited homeschool are required to complete the following steps in order:
- Complete the application
- Setup your NetID
- 48 hours after applying, you will have your KSU# and NetID
- Once you have set up your NetID, access and complete the homeschool portfolio and attach the following documents:
- Declaration of Intent to Homeschool
- Notarized Affidavit of Successful Completion
- Note: Submit with this portfolio only after high school graduation. If your high school graduation date is in the future, your confirmation email will include a link to complete the form at that time
- Submit official SAT or ACT Scores
- Submit official college transcripts
To appeal your admissions decision, click here.