Next Steps for International Students
Congratulations on officially becoming a part of Owl Nation!
We know how stressful enrolling in college can be, and we want to make the process
as simple as possible. If you have any questions regarding the enrollment process,
you can contact the Admissions Office to speak with a college admissions counselor.
Follow these steps to ensure you’re ready for Orientation and then the first day of
Starting the I-20 request process
- Please log into iStart and complete your I-20 request (look under “Admission”)
- NetID lookup-see Step # 2.
- Bank statements and sponsor letters.
- Student Health Insurance.
You’ll use your NetID to access Owl Express, KSU’s student portal. Also, it will be
your official login as a student at Kennesaw State. Let’s get started by activating
your KSU NetID.
- Advisors assist you in identifying and achieving your academic, career, and personal
- Academic Advisors assist students with course selections based on their major.
- No pre-registration required and free to attend.
- Required even if you are transferring from another institution in the United States.
- Pertinent Information about immigration status, KSU involvement, and academic success
will be discussed.
- You may attend KSU Orientation, formerly known as Ignition, as well as International
Apply for On- Campus Housing on either the Kennesaw or Marietta Campus.
International students are required to complete the Immunization and Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form
- Green Card holders may use their green card as proof of immunizations. If the date
is over 10 years, student is required to have:
- Updated Tetanus TDAP and Varicella (Chicken Pox).
- Unresolved holds will halt your registration for classes.
- Admission is pending until your final official transcripts are received. Before Orientation, check for holds or missing
transcripts in Owl Express.
Prior to coming to KSU, take a virtual tour
of our campus!
The International Next Steps Brochure will help guide you through all the important
Next Steps you need to take in preparation for your first semester at KSU.
Questions? Please contact:
Office of International Student and Scholars Services
Phone: 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636)
Additional Resources for All Students
Receive Transfer Credit
If you are eligible for transfer, military, AP, and/or IB credit, look for your official
transfer evaluation email, then seek guidance from your academic advisor before registering
A university education is not complete without activities and programs to develop
your social and personal life. Get to know interesting people, become a part of our
community, and create a niche.
Military and Veteran Services
Service members, veterans, and dependents are invited to use this one-stop resource.
You’ll have ready access to tools that will help you reach your academic goals.
Online Orientation provides an overview of online learning at KSU. You will review
technology requirements, registration information, advisor contact specifics, and
Show Your KSU Pride
Share your excitement about being an Owl on social media. Download and display KSU-themed
wallpapers and social media covers on your phone, desktop and tablet.