Waivers for F-1 (International) Students
Only visa students who have been admitted to the University may apply for a F-1 student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver. The waiver reduces the cost of KSU tuition to the amount paid by in-state students. A limited number of waivers are available each year, and are awarded on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. Waivers are renewable for students who maintain the required GPA and 20 hours of volunteer work per semester. DEADLINE for the tuition waiver application is one week after Drop/Add.
- You must be accepted to Kennesaw State University and be an active F-1 student.
- Undergraduate students must achieve and maintain a minimum academic 3.25 adjusted GPA.
- Graduate students must achieve and maintain a minimum academic 3.5 adjusted GPA.
- Graduate students who have the opportunity and receive a GRA will not be able to receive the out-of-state tuition waiver.
- Graduate students who are enrolled in a premium program are not eligible to receive the F-1 student out-of- state tuition waiver.
- Complete the F-1 Student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Application
- Submit with the application:
1. A copy of the following documents for verification:
- Current I-20
- Current passport
- F-1 student visa
All communications, including tuition waiver recipient notifications, are via student
email. The student email login can be found at
Renewal of the F-1 student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver requires the student to maintain lawful F-1 standing. Plus meet both GPA and 20 hours of volunteer requirements. The 20 hours of volunteer work is to be completed through The Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning (vksu.kennesaw.edu).
Waivers are limited to one degree (123 hours for undergraduate students or 36 hours for graduate students).
The waiver may be removed at the request of Transfer Services at any time if the student no longer meets these or other waiver requirements.
For general questions about F-1 student Out of State Tuition waivers, please contact Transfer Services at: 470.578.3002 or email@example.com.