Waivers for F-1 (International) Students
Only F-1 visa students who have been admitted to Kennesaw State University may apply for the F-1 student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver. The waiver reduces the cost of KSU tuition to the amount paid by in-state students. A limited number of waivers are available each year, and are awarded on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. Waivers are renewable for students who maintain the required GPA per semester.
- You must be accepted to Kennesaw State University and be an active F-1 student.
- Undergraduate students must achieve and maintain a minimum academic 3.25 adjusted GPA.
- Graduate students must achieve and maintain a minimum academic 3.5 adjusted GPA.
- Graduate students who have the opportunity and receive a GRA will not be able to receive the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.
- Graduate students who are enrolled in a premium program are not eligible to receive the F-1 student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.
Tuition Waiver Application Instructions:
- Complete the F-1 Student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Application
- Submit all SEVIS required documents in the iStart portal. Documents to be uploaded include:
- Current I-20
- Current passport
- F-1 student visa
Note: Students are also required to complete virtual F-1 International Student Orientation Check-In via iStart.
All communications, including tuition waiver recipient notifications, are via KSU student email. The student email login can be found at www.kennesaw.edu/myksu.
Application Deadlines :
- Fall 2021 - July 1, 2021
- Spring 2022 - December 1, 2021
For general questions about F-1 student Out-of-State Tuition waivers, please contact Transfer Services Undergraduate Admissions at: 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636) or KSUadmit@kennesaw.edu.