F1 Student Out-of-State Tuition Waivers

Only F1 visa students who have been admitted to the University may apply for a F1 student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.  The waiver reduces the cost of KSU tuition to the amount paid by in-state students.  A limited number of waivers are available each year, and are awarded on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.  Waivers are renewable for students who maintain the required GPA and 20 hours of volunteer work per semester. DEADLINE for the application for the tuition waiver is one week after Drop/Add

Eligibility criteria:

  • You must be accepted to Kennesaw State University and be an active F1 student. 
  • Undergraduate students must achieve and maintain a minimum academic 3.25 adjusted GPA.
  • Graduate students must achieve and maintain a minimum academic 3.5 adjusted GPA
    • Graduate students who have the opportunity and receive a GRA will not be able to receive the out-of-state tuition waiver.
    • Graduate students who are enrolled in a premium program are not eligible to receive the F1 student out-of- state tuition waiver.

Application instructions:

  • Complete the F1 Student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Application
  • Submit with the application:
    1. A copy of the following documents for Verification:
    • Current I-20
    • Current passport
    • F1 student visa
    • I-94


Recipients of tuition waivers are notified by email.  All communication will be sent to the student’s KSU email account.  The student email login can be found at www.kennesaw.edu/myksu.   


Renewal of the F1 student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver requires the student to maintain lawful F1 standing.  Plus meet both GPA and 20 hours of volunteer requirements. The 20 hours of volunteer work is to be completed through The Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning (vksu.kennesaw.edu)

Waivers are limited to one degree (123 hours for undergraduate students or 36 hours for graduate students)

 The waiver may be removed at the request of the Transfer and Adult Admissions Service at any time if the student no longer meets these or other waiver requirements.

For general questions about F1 student Out of State Tuition waivers, please contact Transfer and Adult Services at: